Academic Career Experience - Certificate of Achievement
Program Code: CBZ.35100
Academic Career Experience (ACE), commonly known as "Cooperative (Co-op) Education," is an excellent example of a working partnership between employers and an educational institution. This integration of practical experience and academics results in a win-win situation for the student, the employer, and the College. Delta has long recognized the value of practical work experience to strengthen college programs and enhance student education.
Co-op is an academic program providing current Delta students the opportunity to gain valuable, real-life work experience related to their academic or career goals. The ACE Office will help students arrange part-time work schedules to accommodate their full- or part-time class schedules. Participating in co-op requires a one-year commitment from both the employer and the student. Students are required to work a minimum of 180 hours per semester (about 12 hours a week).
Participating in co-op benefits students in numerous ways:
* Allows students to earn college credit while getting paid
* Helps students gain hands-on work experience relevant to career goals
* Establishes valuable professional contacts, which broadens job opportunities after graduation
* Assists students in gaining professional work experience to build resume
* Allows students to participate in ACE courses, which provide ongoing professional development
* Provides a safe worksite free from discrimination and harassment
* Encourages mentoring on a daily basis from professionals in the workplace
* Offers varying work assignments and increasing complexity of work activities
|6||Minimum Total Credits Required For Certificate Of Achievement|
|1 - All classes must be completed with a grade of "B" (3.0) or better.|
|2 - All classes are key courses and must be completed within 5 years of completing certificate. Failure to complete within the stated time frame will require you to repeat this course. See graduation requirements page in catalog.|
|3 - To qualify for the program, all applicants must:|
- Have a minimum of one year of studies remaining at Delta College before graduating or transferring.
- Be willing to make a minimum one-year commitment to an Academic Career Experience work assignment.
- Be a currently enrolled student at Delta College.
- Complete the online application process through the Academic Career Experience & Service Learning website, www.delta.edu/ace_sl.
- Enroll in and successfully complete the required ACE courses once hired into an approved Academic Career Experience worksite.
|4 - Credit can be earned in ACE 201W, ACE 202W, ACE 203W or ACE 204W but not more than two courses (4 credits).|