|Course Number||CST 105|
|Course Description||Prerequisite: CST 103 or equivalent computer background. Introduces Microsoft Outlook and its e-mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks/notes components. Teaches how to send and receive e-mail, manage calendar activities, maintain contacts, and create tasks and notes. Also includes customization and integration of Outlook components. (15-0)|
Outcomes and ObjectivesDemonstrate the ability to use e-mail.
Demonstrate the ability to schedule appointments and meetings on an electronic calendar.
- Analyze the principles of writing effective e-mail messages.
- Create and send an e-mail message.
- Use entries in a global address book.
- Create a signature.
- Reply to, forward, print, and delete e-mail messages.
- Attach files to a message.
- Create folders and move messages between folders.
- Apply follow-up flags to messages.
- Arrange and filter messages in the Contents Pane.
- Create a rule to automatically move messages to a folder.
- Analyze and evaluate e-mail options and customize for efficiency.
- Access and use information from Microsoft Help resources.
Demonstrate an understanding of managing contacts.
- Schedule appointments and events.
- Schedule recurring appointments.
- Edit, move, and delete appointments.
- View and print daily, weekly, and monthly calendars.
- Change the current view to filter appointments and events.
- Interact productively with others by sending meeting requests and efffectively accepting and declining meetings.
- Update a meeting.
- Analyze and evaluate calendar options and customize for efficiency.
Demonstrate the ability to organize tasks and notes.
- Create an appointment from the contacts folder.
- Create, print, edit, and delete contacts.
- Change the contacts view.
- Flag a contact for follow-up.
- Sort and filter contacts.
- Analyze contacts and group into categories.
- Find a contact.
- Create multiple contacts folders for different purposes.
- Add a picture to the business card.
- Print contacts in card, booklet, and phone directory style.
- Analyze and evaluate contacts options and customize for efficiency.
- Send an e-mail message from the contacts folder.
- Schedule an appointment from the contacts folder.
- Create and use a distribution list for e-mail messages.
Demonstrate the ability to customize the Outlook desktop.
- Create, update, print, and delete tasks.
- Create a recurring task.
- Assign a task to someone else.
- Respond to a task request.
- View and track assigned tasks.
- Send task information to other users.
- Analyze task lists and customize the view to optimize the use of task lists.
- Analyze and evaluate task options and customize for efficiency.
- Create, edit, and delete notes.
- Analyze notes and assign to categories.
- Analyze and evaluate note options and customize for efficiency.
- Change the note view.
- Use a note as a desktop reminder.
Demonstrate an understanding of integrating the components of Outlook.
- Analyze and evaluate the Outlook desktop and customize it for optimum use.
- Evaluate and change desktop alerts.
- Evaluate the Navigation Pane and customize it.
- Send a Word document as an Outlook attachment.
- Open and/or save e-mail attachments of different types.
- Add a contact to Outlook from an e-mail address.
- Create a contact from the global address book.
- Create a task from an e-mail message.
- Create a task from a note.
- Analyze the Outlook toolbar for similarities in every component of Outlook.
- Use keyboard shortcuts common to other Windows application software.